Drift School is a chance to get hands-on tutoring by experienced Drift drivers, and track time to practice newly gained skills.
Tutors will guide you through what is required as you go, providing tips and advice. They may come for a ride with you to help further or if you wish they can drive your car for you to show you how its done.
The new formats for Drift Schools vary, but for example:
Beginner events - Generally mornings 9am - 12pm
-A Track Version 1 used. 2nd gear for most cars, easier for beginners.
-Small groups alternating on track, cars one at a time.
-Tutors assisting with advice and driving tips.
-Run for 2 hours before selected Have a Go Days.
-For drivers who have done a school or 2 but want some more help from experienced drivers and a bit of separation from other cars.
-Same track used as the Have a Go Day.
No passengers other than approved tutors
Drift Day Rules:
- Please keep off the grass/dirt whenever possible. If you leave the track do not continue drifting
- Convertible cars must have approved roll protection
- No drifting outside zone marked with cones
- Noise will be tested, no cars over 95db will be allowed on track
- Full 100% cotton or race overalls and approved helmet (not DH mountain bike) to be worn by driver and passengers
- If you spin do not stay on the gas
If you do not follow these rules you will be sent home immediately
- Your vehicle must be in a road worthy condition with no fluid leaks. No wof required but it must be up to wof standard.
- Battery must be properly BOLTED down with the positive terminal covered, seat and seatbelt must be in good condition.
- Oil catch can, if fitted, must be at least 1l capacity if engine size under 2000cc or 2l can for larger than 2000cc engine. All oil breather lines and fittings must be sealed, nothing can allow oil to escape.
- Fire extinguishers are highly recommended, must be solidly mounted (bolted to the floor, no screws or mounting to trim)
If you turn up with a car with unsafe items you WILL be asked to repair them before going on track
Please note that to compete in other drift days the rules do vary, especially with competition events where you must meet the requirements of Motorsport NZ Schedule A please check the pages for other events or get in touch to check
It is recommended that your car has the basic mods- suspension and LSD or locked Diff otherwise you will struggle to learn.
Entry Fee - Varies depending on the type of day, see bottom of the page for individual event prices
- Please make payments into our bank account 02 0865 0020166 25 please use Drift School as a reference. Or post to the Canterbury Car Club, PO Box 16-610, Hornby. To make a credit card payment please use the Paypal section of the form if available or phone us on 03 349 6003.
You can have 2 drivers in a car but you must both enter separate and pay the fee
Cars are not provided, you must bring your own. See here for car requirements
You will also need a good helmet (motorbike or similar), overalls (100% cotton or flame proof), sufficient tyres and fuel to last the day.
Please Note - There is a maximum number of spaces available, once we hit this number the form will automatically not allow more submissions
By filling out this form you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of our track user agreement for open test days which can be found here.
Next events will be:
Sat 4th August 2018 - Entries Opening Mid June
Will work like this:
School - 9:30 - 12:30
Have a go day - 1:00 - 4:00
Afternoon will be grouped with smaller groups to be more beginner friendly, first priority to school entrants. Spaces will open to extra drivers later on if space left.
Cost - School $90, Both $150
Track - A Track http://driftsouth.co.nz/images/tracks/A-Track.png
This Day is now full, next one will be a weekday morning - Wed 7th Nov, exact format TBA
There is no closing date for these days, however there is a maximum number of entries so you are highly recommended to get in early to avoid missing out.
In the unlikely event where this event has to be cancelled due to bad weather you will receive a full refund.
The Canterbury Car Club reserves the right to cancel the event at any time if entry numbers are low, you will receive a full refund if this happens.