Drift School is a chance to get hands-on tutoring by experienced Drift drivers, and track time to practice newly gained skills.
Tutors will guide you through what is required as you go, providing tips and advice. They may come for a ride with you to help further or if you wish they can drive your car for you to show you how its done.
- Small groups alternating on track, cars one at a time.
- Tutors assisting with advice and driving tips
- A Track Version 1 used. 2nd gear for most cars, easier for beginners.
Current format sees cars on track approx 3 hours and very limited numbers to help with training
Next Date: Wed 10 June
Half day time slots, max 6 cars in each
$125 per driver
ENTRY FORM - Wed 10 June Morning FULL
Thursday 18 June - entries open soon
- Your vehicle must be in a road worthy condition. No wof required but it must be up to wof standard.
- Convertible cars must have approved roll protection (contact us for details)
- Car must not be dripping oil or other fluids (this is very important for the safety of other track users)
- Battery must be properly BOLTED down with the positive terminal covered, seat and seatbelt must be in good condition.
- Oil catch can, if fitted, must be at least 1l capacity if engine size under 2000cc or 2l can for larger than 2000cc engine. All oil breather lines and fittings must be sealed, nothing can allow oil to escape.
- Fire extinguishers highly recommended, must be solidly mounted (bolted to the floor, no screws or mounting to trim)
- If you turn up with a car with unsafe items you WILL be asked to repair them before going on track
Please note, school car requirements are quite basic but to enter further events you need to make sure your car meets some extra requirements. Please see the have a go day page and contact us if you have any questions on car requirements
It is recommended that your car has the basic mods- suspension and LSD or locked Diff otherwise you will struggle to learn.
No passengers other than approved tutors
DRIFT SCHOOL RULES:
- Follow the tutors instructions at all times
- Keep off the grass/dirt whenever possible. If you leave the track do not continue drifting
- No drifting outside zone marked with cones
- Noise will be tested, no cars over 95db will be allowed on track
- Full 100% cotton or race overalls and approved helmet (not DH mountain bike) to be worn by driver and passengers
- If you spin do not stay on the gas
If you do not follow these rules you will be sent home immediately
Entry Fee - Varies depending on the type of day, see bottom of the page for individual event prices
- Please make payments into our bank account 02 0865 0020166 25 please use Drift School as a reference. Or post to the Canterbury Car Club, PO Box 16-610, Hornby. To make a credit card payment please use the Paypal section of the form if available or phone us on 03 349 6003.
You can have 2 drivers in a car but you must both enter separate and pay the fee
Cars are not provided, you must bring your own. See here for car requirements
You will also need a good helmet (motorbike or similar), overalls (100% cotton or flame proof), sufficient tyres and fuel to last the day.
Please Note - There is a maximum number of spaces available, once we hit this number the form will automatically not allow more submissions
By filling out the entry form you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of our track user agreement for open test days which can be found here.
There is no closing date for these days, however there is a maximum number of entries so you are highly recommended to get in early to avoid missing out.
Payment is required to confirm your space at Drift Schools to please get your payments through promptly.
In the unlikely event where this event has to be cancelled due to bad weather you will receive a full refund.
The Canterbury Car Club reserves the right to cancel the event at any time if entry numbers are low, you will receive a full refund if this happens.